With a passion for news, sports and weather, Danielle has been reporting, hosting and anchoring local, national and international stories for television and radio since 1998.
Since her career began, Danielle has covered some of the biggest events to hit British Columbia, Saskatchewan and Ontario. From anchoring Federal Election Night 2000 to the 2013 JUNO Awards to the 101st Grey Cup, Danielle’s biggest strength is her versatility and outgoing personality.
Danielle is a reporter for ‘Hamilton Life’ covering the CFL Hamilton Ticats and other events, community initiatives around the city. Her duties also include: Videographer, Hand-Held Studio Camera, Editing, Guest and Segment Host. Also an ‘Inside Council’ contributor, Danielle offers her take on Hamilton City Council and Community issues. This past summer, as Host of ‘Hamilton Kicks It Up’, Danielle interviewed insiders and experts about the 2015 Pan Am Games in Hamilton.
Prior to this, Danielle was the on-location Host for Saskatchewan’s #1 Morning Show CTV Morning Live. Here, she also filled anchoring roles in Sports, Weather, Social Media and Traffic. She would lend her support to many charitable and community organizations including the Regina Food Bank, Telemiracle 38, Terry Fox Run and Cancer Relay for Life, just to name a few. Appearing in PINK Magazine was also a highlight. Though her heart is in southern Ontario, she will always consider herself a part of Ridernation.
Danielle has travelled across Canada for her broadcasting career from being News Director and Host for C101.5FM in Hamilton to anchoring news, sports and weather in Terrace, British Columbia for CBC Television. One of her many career highlights has been covering her beloved Toronto Raptors through a blog on TheScore.com.
Born and raised in the GTA, Danielle graduated from Carleton University with honours in Sociology. She honed her broadcasting skills at Mohawk College in Hamilton where she won the Fan590 and Andy Awards recognizing excellence in broadcasting.
- Featured in PINK Magazine, October 2013 “10 Questions With Danielle de Graauw”
- Hockey Hall of Fame Nominee – ESSO Hockey Leaders Program
- Andy Award
- FAN590 Award
- Off The Record On TSN – Scholarship
Community Involvement (Past and Present):
- Holiday Gift Wrapping for United Way
- Santa Claus Parade
- Ontario Lung Association – ‘Stair To Care’ Hamilton
- Hamilton Bulldogs Foundation
- Speaker, Participant: Terry Fox Run
- Speaker, Emcee: Cancer Relay For Life
- Director, Player: Stoney Creek Women’s Hockey League (SWHL)
- Co-Host: Regina Humane Society Telethon
- Announcer: Regina Speed Skating
- Emcee: Fort Qu’Appelle Winter Festival
- Production Staff: Telemiracle 38
- Emcee: Regina Jazz Society
- Regina Food Bank, Regina Senior Centre